Post contains affiliate links – I get a small commission if you make a purchase with no extra cost to you.
Looking to add some mermaid flavor to your birthday party, pool bash or even just your Tuesday afternoon? This Mermaid Bark is colorful, sparkly and very simple to make.
It’s also a great activity to do with kids! I had a 5-year-old helper who did a great job swirling the colors together and adding the sprinkles. It doesn’t take long to make or to harden, which is another perk.
Easy Magical Mermaid Bark
- Candy melts in teal/turquoise, purple and pink
- Gold sanding sugar/sprinkes (like CK Products 4 Ounce Sanding Sugar Bottle, Gold)
- White pearl candies (I used Wilton Sugar Pearls, White, 5 Oz and a larger size I found at Walmart that’s in-store only)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Melt candy. I placed each color in a separate bowl and microwaved for 30 seconds at a time, stirring between.
- Pour candy over wax paper in thick stripes of alternating colors
- Use a toothpick or small spoon to swirl the colors together. A toothpick gets finer swirl details, but a spoon might be easier for young helpers.
- Add gold and pearl sprinkles while candy is still warm/soft
- Place tray in freezer to harden for about 10 minutes
- Remove when the bark has hardened and break into pieces for serving